The Sustainability Summit taking place at New York Build 2017.
The summit will look at government initiatives for supporting sustainability in the built environment, sustainable materials, technology and best practice, and the future of sustainability in the built environment – what comes next?
New York Build 2017 will return to the Javits Center on the 15th and 16th March with an additional focus on enabling sustainable construction for 2017 and beyond.
Mayor Bill De Blasio has set about a plan to preserve´s the city´s future. The sustainability summit will emphasize the current important of sustainable building and discuss the a range techniques for the construction industry.
Network with hundreds of sustainability experts from across New York
• Conference Sessions and CPD Training Workshops from expert speakers.
• Discussions into government initiatives for supporting sustainability in the built environment, sustainable materials, technology and best practice, and the future of sustainability in the built environment – what comes next?
• The opportunity to engage with the leading minds in Sustainability, from across the built environment – network with specialists from contractors, architectural practices, government, and others leading the way in sustainabililty.
10.20 a.m. Welcome Address from Oliver Kinross & Chairman’s Opening Plenary Session
10.30 a.m. Case Study on a Sustainable Design Project
Mark Ginsberg, Partner, Curtis + Ginsberg Architects LLP
11.20 a.m. Delivering Building Performance Throughout the Building Life Cycle
• Industry approaches, tolls and behaviors to improve the reliability of as-built, holistic building performance
1.00 p.m. Green Globes for New Construction
• Considering options in environmental improvements during the design and delivery and delivery process
• Evaluating opportunities to benefit from energy savings, reduced environmental impacts, and lowering maintenance costs
Vicki Worden, Executive Director, Green Building Initiative
10.25 a.m. Innovation and Technology for Sustainability
• Exploring the hype. What strategies and technologies can help us to reduce carbon emissions and create a more sustainable environment?
10.55 a.m. Passive House: The Pathway to a Sustainable Built Environment
Ilana Judah, Principal, Director of Sustainability, FX FOWLE
11.45 a.m. Sustainability in Architecture
Paul Bauer, Principal, Dattner Architects