The Infrastructure Summit, taking place at New York Build 2017, analyzes the aging assets that serve New York's infrastructure and the challenges associated with modernizing them for future and keeping up with maintenance. The Summit will also explore the vast network of intertwined infrastructure that serves New York's citizens and economy.
Network with the industry’s premier infrastructure developers, investors, financiers, state and federal public officials and regional transportation authorities.
Your registration to the Summit will allow you access all the AIA CES approved workshops, conference floors, networking sessions and the rest of the New York Build expo.
Network with hundreds of Civil and Mechanical Engineering experts from across New York.
Taking place at:
• Conference Sessions and AIA CES Approved Training Workshops from expert speakers.
• Project case studies of New York’s major infrastructure and engineering developments and the future of civil engineering – what comes next?
• The opportunity to engage with the leading minds in civil engineering, from across the built environment – network with specialists from contractors, architectural practices, government, and others leading the way in civil engineering
2.10 p.m. NYC’s Gateway Program and the Future of NY’s Infrastructure
• Modernizing NY’s rail infrastructure and increasing its capacity - milestones and accomplishments
• The Hudson Tunnel Project - update on the environmental planning work
• Financing for the Portal North Bridge and Hudson Tunnel Project
3.00 p.m. NYC Local Law 87 (LL87) Energy Audits and Retro-commissioning
Steve Sonmez & Phil Lanza, Lizardos Engineering Consultants
3.50 p.m. Case Study Presentation
Senior Representative, Gilbane
4.20 p.m. Chairman’s Closing Remarks and Close of Conference
2.35 p.m. Case Study of the New York Genome Center
• Challenges of the design and installation of 21st century laboratory infrastructure and fit-out of mechanical, electrical and laboratory gas systems in a 20th century building
Christopher R. Horch, P.E., LEED AP, CEA, Associate Partner, Jaros, Baum & Bolles
3.25 p.m. Local Law 11
Esin Pektas, Vice President, New York Department Head, The Falcon Group
4.15 p.m. Competition Announcement
Speaking Organizations include: